Is your workplace too cold? Don't wanna crank up the heat and deal with high energy bills or mad coworkers? No worries, we got you covered. Here are some easy and practical tips on how to keep warm without turning up the thermostat. Whether you're working from home or at the office, these tips will help you stay warm and comfortable all day long.
Use your own body heat: wrap yourself up
Before turning up the thermostat, consider utilizing your own body heat as a means of staying warm. Put on a pair of thick socks, comfortable trousers, a warm jumper and consider using a blanket to trap your own body heat. This is an energy-efficient and sustainable method of staying warm while working from home or at the office.
Don't let the heat escape your workplace!
It might be obvious: but close all windows, doors, and vents to prevent your workplace from getting too cold. Still feeling a chill? Check for drafts and put in some draft stoppers to keep the heat inside.
Get rid of cold hands while working
Tired of having icicles for fingers while working? Try these tips to keep your hands warm:
- Regularly treat yourself to a nice cup of coffee or tea, which you can wrap your hands around
- Or fill a bottle with hot water and warm your hands on that
- Fingerless gloves may not be the most stylish but they'll keep your hands warm
- Consider a hand warmer? A small plastic bag with a liquid in it that heats up when you snap the metal plate inside.
Get rid of your cold workplace with Stoov®
With Stoov®, you heat yourself instead of the whole room. It's the most efficient way to stay warm. Use a Ploov heated cushion, or snuggle up with a Big Hug heating blanket specially for your office chair. Trust us, you'll be warm in no time. Plus, Stoov® has some added benefits:
- Good for your health, it can ease aches and pains and keep muscles from getting stiff
- Saves energy, no need to blast the heat.
- Portable, take it with you wherever you go
- Stylish designs that'll look great in your workplace
Feeling cold at work? Not anymore!